1. Lecture Time and Location
On-site teaching this semester will not be avaliable
until at least April,
because of the coronavirus outbreak in China.
Time: 10:00 - 12:00, Thuesday Location: 211, Teaching Building 5 Lecturer: Likan Zhan
2. Course Information
This course is designed to expose students to the academic side of scientific research. They will learn the basic concepts of science and scientific research. They will also learn how to synthesize results, present them, and explore related topics. Students will analyze and discuss published research articles, engage in conversations with the teacher about different aspects of research, and design and present their own research.
3. Text Books
- American psychological association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6 ed.). Washington, DC: American psychological association.
- Stanovich, K. E. (2013). How to think straight about psychology (10 ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
4. Lecture Notes
- Part I. Science and Scientific Research 1
- Part II. Academic reading 2